Thursday, June 30, 2011

You know it's a happy shopping day when.........

you need to go get a cart!!!! My hands were getting very full...of course, the office supply area gets perused early on and I saw this oh-so-cool Globe-Wernicke heavy cardboard letter file for .99!
That's a good sign, right?

how about this adorable little red english-french phrase book? It measures about 4x4 and has all the interesting words, phrases, and their translations on the coolest old weathered pages.


the inside cover picture of this old school reader left me breathless so I had to have it....gorgeous pictures inside, from 1901.

fantastic old receipt book that has never been used with absolutely gorgeous writing on it...a hint as to the age are the options at the bottom....return call, wire, or write! Wire? hmmm, it's definitely been awhile since I've "wired" anyone, how about you?

and one of my very favorite children's books that may be turned into a journal.....

and perhaps my favorite find of all, there are yards of this unknown trim. I don't know what it was used for, it's about 2 1/2" wide and it used to be white before I dyed it with coffee to "age" it a bit...

it has a silky/satiny feel and it's just scrumptious.
The rest of the day was spent with my dd, who seemed to need my attention more than normal today so I was happy to oblige her!
I do hope you all have fun weekend plans with lots of good food and drink included.....:).

3 comments:

melanie said...

waaaaay cool stuff! wish we were shopping together...have a great weekend, my dear friend...happy shopping...or picking or junking...what ever you want to call it...
go get 'em!

Rhonda said...

Just keepin' cool, Gail. Looks like your junkin' finds are going to be put to good use.

I still have not gone junkin' for weeks, it's killing me.

Leaping Frog Design's said...

Fun shoppin!!!